Financial Services Data Management (FSDM) serves as the basis of the Financial Services Data Platform solution.
SAP Financial Services Data Platform (SAP FSDP) is a new development based on HANA and includes applications for operational and analytical banking. In addition, overall bank management is also directly supported by the calculation, valuation and analysis of financial products.
As a partner for SAP FSDP, we ensure a successful implementation of SAP FSDP and its efficient use with best-practice solutions, among other things.
Fast implementation and practical use of the reference data model
Introduction and application of the technical components as well as know-how development
ADWEKO is a partner for SAP FSDP and therefore has a close exchange with SAP.
TARGET ARCHITECTURE AND EMBEDDING IN THE SYSTEM LANDSCAPE
SAP FSDP consists of the HANA Data Management Suite, SAP Power Designer, and the Financial Data Services Data Management (FSDM) module.
With the HANA Data Management Suite, the most modern methods of data provisioning and application development from SAP can be used. However, challenges arise in integrating FSDP and the required components into the corporate infrastructure and internal processes. This particularly affects customers who have mainly used SAP NetWeaver applications to date.
We support you in making future-oriented and sustainable decisions in the field of architecture and infrastructure.
PRACTICAL USE OF THE REFERENCE DATA MODEL
SAP delivers a standard data model as a reference. This consists of a conceptual data model (CDM) and a physical data model (PDM). The reference data model offers the advantage of being able to draw on SAP’s experience in the area of financial service data modeling. There is no need to model your own data model on the drawing board. In addition, the standard model can be customized through extensions.
However, ADWEKO recommends – as far as possible – to use the entities of the standard. This has decisive advantages such as:
- Highest possible standard integration with SAP applications and third-party solutions
- TCO savings in the development and maintenance of a customer-specific data model
With many years of experience in the SAP Financial Service area, as well as outstanding expertise in accounting and regulatory reporting, we support you in mapping the customer’s own entities and data points to the SAP reference model, as well as in the connection of receiving systems.
The Financial Service Data Platform is an integrative data platform. After the source data has been mapped to the FSDM data model, it must be loaded with the specific interfaces to ensure bi-temporal versioning. For this purpose, it is necessary to connect the data sources to the HANA database.
With years of expertise in connecting and integrating source data, ADWEKO supports you in the selection of the right tools, the architecture of the ETL process, and the implementation and operation of data loading.
The following overview provides a selection of possible target architectures and techniques for data integration in FSDP:
- The “state of the art” open source solution to manage data streams
- Implement streaming or batch loading using Kafka and complementary tools such as Kafka Streams or Spark.
- Embedding in a Hadoop Data Lake possible
Smart Data Access and Smart Data Integration
- SAP HANA native tools for data integration from external sources
- SAP HANA flowgraphs or SQL procedures offer the possibility of data transformation and integration of the SAP FSDM write interfaces.
- SAP HANA Task Chains provide the ability to define dependencies on individual data loading processes, which can be controlled and scheduled with the SAP HANA Task Chain Monitor
SAP Data Hub
- SAP’s data integration platform of the future
- Connection of external systems and execution of individual scripts via graphical data pipelines
- Various adapters and interfaces to common SAP and non-SAP data sources
Dedicated ETL Tools
- Tools such as Informatica, Talend or customer developments offer proven ETL processes and are often already used in existing system landscapes.
- These tools can be adapted to FSDM specific transformations
- The last step is to call the HANA native FSDM data loading functions
With the capabilities of SAP HANA 2, data from SAP FSDM can be prepared, aggregated, and processed based on customer-specific requirements. Here we recommend the use of graphical modeling tools, such as Calculation Views, to easily create multidimensional reporting solutions.
ADWEKO supports you in recording the reporting requirements and implements them with the appropriate HANA technologies.
SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD AND FSDM
At the heart of the strategy around SAP Business Intelligence and data analytics, everything is moving toward cloud-based solutions with SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
The standardized integration of SAC into FSDP and the easy use of FSDM data sources in SAC allow real-time analysis and visualization tools for business departments or IT operations to be built in a very short time. This is even more important as FSDM currently does not have a shipped GUI to view data without SQL knowledge.
ADWEKO will introduce you to the capabilities of SAP Analytics Cloud and implement your SAC integration, analytics and dashboards for FSDM.
CONNECTION S/4HANA FINANCIAL SERVICE PRODUCT SUBLEDGER AND SAP FSDP
The SAP Bank Analyzer solution smartAFI will be replaced by the S/4 add-on Financial Service Product Subledger (SAP FPSL).
In the medium term, there will be seamless integration between FSDM as a data source and the FPSL add-on. The advantages of FPSL can be used optimally by the connection to FSDM and data redundancies can be reduced by a multiple.
ADWEKO analyses with you whether and how the SAP Financial Service Data Platform can take a central position in your strategy in interaction with FPSL.
ADWEKO IS PARTNER OF SAP FOR FSDP
In close cooperation with SAP, we ensure that we are informed about the latest developments and trends in the subject area and can exert influence in the interests of our customers:
- Global execution of partner enablements for the new data platform together with SAP colleagues
- Creation of demo content
- Visualization through dashboards in the SAP Analytics Cloud
- Questions from implementation projects and concept studies are discussed in an unbureaucratic way through close contact with the SAP product and development team.
We have already been able to demonstrate the advantages of close cooperation in our reference implementation project .